Coding and MI clinical development using the MITI 4.2.1
This two day workshop introduces the Motivational Interviewing coding tool Motivational Interviewing Treatment Integrity (MITI) version 4.2.1. The MITI is a validated measurement of the worker’s MI practice. Participants in this workshop will learn to identify the Behavioral Counts and Global Measures that constitute this tool. They will also have the opportunity to use it within the context of personal clinical development of their own skills as an MI practitioner, and they will interact with their fellow learners using coding, coaching and feedback skills that are MI-adherent. this workshop is presented using an experiential pedagogical style that emphasizes practice and feedback This workshop uses audio recordings, transcripts of sessions and discussion to practice and enrich participants’ understanding of MI, the MITI and the intersection of those tools with clinical development.
MI practitioners who offer supervision and/or support for their peers, practitioners wishing to deepen their MI practice, researchers who use MI in their studies and are responsible to assure that their workers are using MI or to measure the progress of MI learners.
- Understand the rationale for clinical development using MI;
- Develop a basic understanding of the Motivational Interviewing Treatment Integrity MITI 4.2.1. system and its utility in coaching and research;
- Pratice MI coaching style;
- Develop confidence in their capacity to offer clinical development to MI learners;
- Be able to code recorded interventions in order to give feedback based on actual practice to help others learn MI or to assure MI treatment integrity in research.
Prerequisite: Basic and Intermediate MI workshops (at least 4 days of MI training, or permission from the workshop facilitator) and an active MI practice and/or an interest in MI research.
This workshop is not yet recognized by the OPQ for ongoing training credit – in English
Limit: 12 participants
Date(s)/Times: to be announced
Cost: 325 $ + taxes
Click here to contact us.
1857 Boulevard de Maisonneuve O, Montréal, QC H3H 1J9