Introduction to Motivational Interviewing: This FREE 3-hour workshop will present an experiential overview of this efficient, client-centred, research-driven communication approach designed to help clients, especially challenging clients, to make changes in their lives about which they are ambivalent. This workshop will provide participants with an opportunity to experience personally many of the aspects of Motivational Interviewing (MI) and feel how it may fit into their current practice. Participants will get to practice the approach through exercises and discussion.
- Know and understand the spirit of MI.
- Be introduced to and practice the use of MI tools which include: open questions, empathic reflection (simple and complex), affirmations and summaries.
- Learn the effectiveness of this targeted approach to clients who are considering a change in their lives.
- Give participants an interest in learning more about MI.
3 hours of OPQ/OTS continuing education credits – in English
Limit: 25 participants
Date/Times: March 29, 2019 – from 1:30 to 4:30 pm
To register, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- specify the name of the Workshop you want to take
- and … for which Date
- we will reply asap, to confirm your attendance
HURRY – Only 25 spots available.
1857 Boulevard de Maisonneuve West, Montreal, QC H3H 1J9